Want to know what’s it like to have a destination wedding in paradise? After many days of research and venue hunting, my partner and I chose to get married at Nora Buri Resorts & Spa in Koh Samui.
My Thailand Destination Wedding series will walk you through my experiences with Nora Buri.
I’ve been in contact with my wedding planner from Nora Buri – Michelle for many months. I didn’t know what to expect but I was excited. We chose Nora Buri because of it’s beautiful venue and quality restaurant. We wanted our guest to get the best treatment, superb food and an unforgettable night. Also, I didn’t want to do much work……. because I have no clue what to do. I just know I want it by the beach and I want an elephant too! 😀
I had the Western Wedding Package:
- Honeymoon set up of guest room with fower decoration
- Private round trip transfer from the airport
- Signing of Wedding Ceremony Certifcate
- Corsages 1-20 pieces (if any guests)
- Private candlelight BBQ dinner
- Wedding Cake & 1 bottle of Sparkling Wine for toast
- 2 hrs. Anodas Spa Special Package (before of – or after the wedding day)
- One Bridal bouquet + Special Corsage for the Groom
- Floral Archway and aisle stand with candles and fowers
- Wedding Venue with fresh foral arrangement, decoration set up
- Planting of Love Tree with both names written on the heart shaped wood
- Escort by Musician and background music at the ceremony area
To book you’ll need to pay a deposit of the total cost of your package. The rest of the payment can be paid on check out date or day of the wedding if you are not staying at the resort.
Doing everything remotely is really easy. Michelle would email me a form and presentations of designs, cakes and menu to choice from. Everything is done via email and all I had to do is:
- Find my own photographer/videographer (Nora can recommend)
- Organise my guest list
- Flights and accommodation
- Wedding gowns, suit and gifts
- Reception program
Arriving at Nora Buri
They picked us up from the airport and it was literately around the corner! haha. At reception, we were greeted by staff and had flowers placed around our neck. It felt really special 😛 To get to our room (which is up up on the hill!), we had to arrive via a buggy ride. It was scary at first but really fun! We only booked 3 nights at Nora Buri and they kindly upgraded our room to a Hillside Villa with a private pool. It was awesome! The bed is comfortable, there was no funny smell, the view is beautiful and nice hot showers!
After a nice shower we had a quick meeting with Michelle and her floral and restaurant team to finalise design and food details.
We were so tired and hungry, we did not want to think about dinner, and decided to do our private dining on the same day. I’m glad Michelle and team let us in such a short notice. Let me tell you, it was a huge feast!!
Private Candlelit BBQ Dinner
This dinner is included in the package (drinks are extra). We chose the seafood BBQ. It was a beautiful beast of a meal. We had a private waiter and the table was set and decorated on the lawn. The whole setting was beautiful but was very unfortunate that it was a really really windy day! I highly recommend you order some drinks, the drinks are exceptional!
Honestly, I almost mistaken entree as main. Afterwards, we had some Thai soup. It was super spicy.. so I only had half. But before that, we demolished it all as we were starving!
By the time we got to mains.. we were stuffed and actually had to cancel dessert…………. I felt so bad and wished I had more room in my tummy… (I also had a wedding dress to fit into the next day!! eeek!).
Having had no sleep at all the night before, we retired early. It was a good day.. but tomorrow is the big day!
Continue to My Thailand Destination Wedding – Part 2